The faction choice:
Devoted to the arts of terror, the Night Lords Legion conducted war through surprise, fear, brutality and wanton cruelty. Suspected by many of atrocities unnamed and uncounted, the Night Lords were considered renegade in all but name even before the Heresy was unveiled at Isstvan. Now they have declared their allegiance for the Warmaster, their grim talents are put to use in merciless assaults on their former brother Astartes.
Even when the Night Lords were counted loyal, their nature and actions were ever questioned. Some argued that they were simply a function of necessity, the monsters needed to drag a barbaric age into the light. Some say that they were a mistake, a misjudgment compounded by circumstance. A few wonder if they were damned from the moment they were born, that they were destined never to be a part of the future they would help create. All such speculation is ultimately pointless; no matter the cause, they are creatures of horror and always were.
The Tale of Gamers rules, via Reddit:
- January : The Start Collecting Box [or similar ‘starter’ product]
- February : A Character model
- March : A Tank/Monster/Big Guy unit
- April : Another Troops Choice/Battle Line Unit
- May : Rounding out the army with anything missing
- June : Family photos
The Oath of Moment, according to Corehammer tradition:
- Spring chiller: Dark Vengeance set, WITS Goths and Frostgrave Gnolls done
- Summer chiller: Night Lords CAD (c. 1200 points) done
- ’17 ‘fest: SAGA Crusader infantry (6 points) and, funds permitting, Thousand Sons War Cabal (c. 800 points) done
Filled, primed, ready for one-model-per-day painting spree in January:
Eighth Legion, Sixty-Fourth Company. Registered assholes in this and any other dimension.